For non Chinese viewers of this blog, the words to the song goes,
"clay baby, clay baby, one clay baby
she has eyebrows, and eyes
but her eyes do not blink.
clay baby, clay baby, one clay baby
she has a nose, and a mouth
but her mouth does not speak.
She is a fake baby
not a real baby
she does not have a mother or a father
clay baby, clay baby, one clay baby
I will be her mother, I will be her father
and love her forever."
Ya, it's not the cheeriest song, but it teaches body parts and promotes a nurturing character.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
personally i am glad that this song was never part of my childhood.
this kid gets sidetracked real easily! can she pronounce "mei yo?"
I guess it's not much worse than the classic here in America, "Rock Abye Baby" where the baby falls "cradle and all!" It's fun to hear her sing in Chinese though. I'd love to see her in conversation with it--how cool to be bilingual!
Post a Comment