Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bargain

A while back I took a shopping trip to Beijing with some friends to one of these markets, similar to the silk alley, where they raise the prices sky high, expecting to be bargained down. My original intent of going was to find a winter coat for Hayden, so when I passed by this coat, I thought,

"What an absolutely adorable coat for Lizzy, but I really don't need it, she already has as winter coat." But I still couldn't resist looking at it longingly. The saleslady of course seized the opportunity and told me the coat can be mine for 400RMB. I told her the truth, "I don't need it." And turned around and left. She, of course, thinks I'm just playing the bargaining game and said, "200 ok, 200 ok". Tempting as it was, I had told myself to exercise some discipline and ONLY buy Hayden's winter coat, so again I said, "I really don't want it." "How much you pay?" At this point, I just wanted to give her a ridiculous low price just to get her off my back so I said, "80 RMB" and again turned around to leave. "ok, ok, 80, aiyo, you good bargain, I go broke."

So, I walked away with this beautiful winter dress coat for Lizzy for the price of 10 US Dollars. She loves it!

No comments: