Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

The day has finally come. Lizzy starts school today, everyday full days. I have been dreading this moment for a while now, so I'm lamenting on my blog. I'm really going to miss her a lot, and so is Hayden. He's been acting grumpy all morning, and I"m sure it's because he misses his sister. Lizzy has been quite nervous about her first day. She made up a song to comfort herself, the words are "rock, rock, rock a bye, everything is new, I'm going to school "tomorrow", and Everyone too." sung to the tune of row row row your boat. I know she's going to have a great time at school, but I can relate to her little first day jitters. Fortunately, she is in the same class as some of her good friends. As soon as we went in the classroom, Rose calls out to her, and I know that made her feel a lot better. Here they are reading books in the corner. I also included some shots of their brand new classroom. The school has a recently opened the "Early Childhood Center" for kindergarten and under little ones. Hope Lizzy has a wonderful year. I'll miss you Lizzy!!


No comments: